- Migrant Centre Organisation – Legal referral, migration and settlement issues and VISA advice. Mediation and conflict resolution. Translation, interpreting, counselling and consumer issues.
By appointment Mon to Fri 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Address: Shop 22, Mezzanine Floor TAFE Queensland, 91 Scarborough Street, SOUTHPORT or 370 Marine Parade, LABRADOR or 6 Lawson Street, Southport Community Centre, SOUTHPORT
Phone: 07 5591 7261
- Multicultural Communities Council Gold Coast (MCCGC) – Provides services to meet the needs of the culturally and linguistically diverse communities. Includes referral, advocacy and advice.
Mon to Fri 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Address: 1 Dominions Road, ASHMORE
Phone: 07 5527 8011
- Multicultural Families Organisation (MFO) – Provides services to multicultural women and their families. Settlement services, consultations, Immigration matters, Centrelink support, counselling, document clinic, English classes & social activities. Mum's group and SARA program.
Mon to Thurs 9:00am to 4:00pm and Fri 9:00am to 2:00pm.
Address: 79B Scarborough Street, SOUTHPORT
Phone: 07 5571 0381
- Refugee and Immigration Legal Service – Provides free immigration advice, legal assistance and legal education to immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers in Queensland.
Monday to Friday, 11:00 - 12:30 and 13:30 - 17:00.
Address: 1/170 Boundary Street, WEST END
Phone: 07 3846 9300
- Telephone Translating Interpreting Service Australia Wide
Phone: 131 450
- Refugee Council of Australia – The national umbrella body for refugees and people seeking asylum and those who support them.
Phone: (02) 9211 9333
- Australian Red Cross: Family and Domestic Violence Financial Assistance Program – Support for people on temporary visas who are experiencing domestic and family violence.
- Kalwun – Provides professional, culturally appropriate and respectful services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People. It delivers and facilitates access to doctors, health and dental services, community health programs, family and foster/kinship care support, early education programs, aged care and disability and housing support.
- Krurungal Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Corporation – Provides a variety of services/support including health, welfare and resources.
Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm.
Address: Shop D10, Eastern Avenue, Airport Central Coolangatta
Phone: 07 5536 7911
- Mununjali Housing & Development Company Ltd – Provides long term housing for their members in the Beaudesert and Logan City areas, Youth Support programs, Aged Care and Well Being and Early Intervention programs.
Address: 35 Anna Street, Beaudesert
Phone: 07 5541 2575
State wide services
- Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC) – the peak organisation representing all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health Organisations (ATSICCHO) in Queensland at both a state and national level.
- WellMob – Provides social, emotional and cultural wellbeing online resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
- PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbian & Gay) – PFLAG is a peer support group that assist families and friends understand their LGBTIQ loved ones.
Phone: 0400 767 832
- QSPACE – drop-in centre specifically for young people (13–17 year olds). Provides support to gender diverse, sexually and romantically diverse, intersex and questioning young people (inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex, queer, questioning, asexual, pansexual etc). The support for young people happens in the form of a weekly group program and individual support.
Address: Scarborough Street, SOUTHPORT
Phone: 0437 013 710
- QuAC – Healthy Communities program works with LGBTIQ people to improve their health and wellbeing. Some programs work across the entire community (e.g., mental health, ageing, CALD) or with specific groups and identities within the community (lesbian health, trans health, intersex health etc).
Office Hours: 9am – 5pm,
Address: 30 Helen Street, Teneriffe
Phone: (07) 3017 1777
State wide services
- LGBTI Legal Service – The LGBTI Legal Service offers free and confidential legal advice to Queensland residents who identify as members of the diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex community. Consultations are held in-person, via telephone or via videoconference.
Address: Level 1, Oxley House, 20 Hockings Street, West End
Phone: (07) 3124 7160
- Open Doors Youth Service – Open Doors Youth Service provides support to young people with diverse genders, bodies and sexualities. We support young people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual, Pansexual, Sistergirl or Brotherboy (LGBTIQAP+ Sistergirl & Brotherboy) aged 12-24 across South East Queensland.
Address: 5 Green Square Cl, Fortitude Valley 4006
Phone: (07) 3257 7660
- Another Closet – Domestic & Family Violence and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer People (LGBTIQ). Another Closet provides information for people in LGBTIQ relationships who are, or may be, experiencing domestic and family violence.
- QLife – QLife is a counselling and referral service for people of diverse sex, genders and sexualities. QLife provides nation-wide early intervention, peer supported telephone and web-based services to support Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) people of all ages.
Phone and online chat available 3.00pm to 12.00 midnight every day.
Phone: 1800 184 527
- Carers Queensland – Provide information, support and advocacy regarding accessing National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). NDIS Local Area Coordinators.
Address: Ground Floor, Suite 10-12 Currumburra Road, ASHMORE (enter via Green Glen Road)
Phone: 07 5671 7600
- Gold Coast Advocacy Inc. – Independent community-based advocacy organisation.
Address: Shop 6, 18 Ferry Street, Nerang
Phone: 07 5564 0355
- New Life Care – Provides counselling and psychology services, emergency food aid, a social engagement program for people with a disability, their families and carers, a pampering service for ladies going through physical, emotional, mental or financial hardship and assistance to those who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness.
Address: 4 Greenwich Ct, Robina
Phone: 07 5593 3262
State wide services
- Queenslanders with Disabilities Network (QDN) – state wide organisation of, for, and with people with disability connecting for collective and affirmative action. It is a self-advocacy organisation.
Address: 338 Turbot Street, Spring Hill
Phone: 07 3252 8566 or 1300 363 783
- NDIS – National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provide people with disability with information and connection to services
Phone: 1800 800 110
- People with Disability Australia (PWDA) – advocacy services around Australia, including in Queensland: Logan, Sunshine Coast, Fraser Coast, Bundaberg, Mount Isa, and the Lower Gulf Communities. Currently assisting with NDIS appeals.
Phone: 1800 422 015
- QLD Health Acute Care Team – Provides assessment and referral services for people from 18 to 64 years, who experience serious mental health problems. Provides support to people experiencing a range of serious mental health concerns, including: psychosis, mood disorders, anxiety disorders. A health professional will discuss with you your mental health needs and make a plan with you.
Address: Gold Coast University Hospital, 1 Hospital Boulevard, Southport
Phone: 1300 64 2255 (24 hours, 7 days a week)
State wide services
- ACCORAS - for-purpose organisation and registered charity with a range of programs delivered from nine sites across South East Queensland and Northern NSW. They have a number of support services designed to help prevent future mental health concerns and address common barriers people may face at some stage of life.
Phone: 07 3255 6555
- Lifeline – a national charity open to all Australians in a personal crisis. They have 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
Phone: 13 11 14
- Headspace – the national youth mental health foundation. They can help young people who are doing through a tough time.
Phone: 1800 650 890
- Beyond Blue – a national non-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, suicide, anxiety disorders and other related mental disorders.
Phone: 1300 224 636 – 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is also online chats, forums and email support available.
- Kids Helpline – Australia's only free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.
Phone: 1800 55 1800 or webchat with a counsellor or email a counsellor.
- MensLine Australia – a telephone and online counselling service for men with emotional health and relationship concerns.
Phone: 1300 78 99 78for 24-hour support.
- Australian Red Cross – Red Cross provides mental health support services and programs that promote the participation of people with a mental illness in the community and support the wellbeing of young people.
- Suicide Call Back Service – Provides 24/7 telephone and online counselling to people affected by suicide.
Phone: 1300 659 467
- Gold Coast Centre Against Sexual Violence – Specialist sexual violence intervention and prevention service. Provides counselling to women who have been raped and/or sexually assaulted at any time in their lives.
Address: 181 Scarborough St, Southport
Phone: 07 5591 1164
- Gold Coast Sexual Health Clinic – Provides free and confidential sexual health services, testing and treatment. Offers walk-ins and appointment.
Address: Southport Health Precinct, Level 4, 16–30 High Street, Southport
Phone: 07 5576 9033
- Bravehearts – Counselling for children and young people suffering from child sexual assault up to 17 years. Free support for non-offending family members, friends or carers.
Address: 9 Byth St, Arundel
Phone: 07 5552 3000 or 1800 272 831
State wide services
- Victim Assist Queensland – Assisting in the recovery of victims of crime who have been injured as a result of an act of violence through provision of financial assistance.
Telephone: 1300 546 587
- Women’s Legal Service – Provides free legal service for women in Queensland
Address: 8 Ponsonby Street (Cnr Ipswich Road), Annerley
State wide helpline: 1800 957 957 (Mon-Fri 9am-3pm)
Rural, Regional and Remote Line: 1800 457 117 (Tues 9:30am-1:30pm)
- Act for Kids – Provides free therapy and support services to children and families who have experienced, or are at risk of child abuse and neglect.
Phone: 07 5656 8600 Intake Enquiries
- Sexual Assault Helpline – offers emotional support and referral pathways to anyone who has, or thinks they may have been sexually assaulted or abused. It is also for those who are concerned someone they care about might have been assaulted or abused.
Phone: 1800 010 120 (9 am to midnight, 7 days a week)
- 1800Respect – 24 hour sexual assault and domestic violence support.
Phone: 1800 737 732
- Centrelink – Can provide a one-off crisis payment, if experiencing an extreme circumstance and are in severe financial hardship.
Phone: 136 240
- 7careconnect – an online application application, that provides real-time services to the homeless community in the Gold Coast.
- Good Money – Provides affordable financial services offering no interest or low interest loans.
Open 9.30-4.30, Mon to Fri
Address: 16 Nerang Street, Southport
Phone: 1300 770 550
- St John’s Crisis Centre – To receive emergency relief please text your full name, date of birth and CRN (if you receive government benefits) to 0402 117 770 and a team member will endeavour call you back within 48 hours or complete the Emergency Relief Request form. Alternatively, you can download and complete the writable Emergency Relief Request pdf. If completing the pdf please scan and email back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pregnancy & Family Support – Pregnancy and post-natal counselling and support, group sessions and emergency relief for families in crisis. The Emergency Relief Program is designed to assist families experiencing significant financial distress, by providing finances when available, to help with basic living expenses.
Phone: 07 5575 8442
- Havafeed – Provides support to any individuals in crisis or distress situations who are in need of assistance and require guidance and support.
Address: Mermaid Beach Community Centre, 2439 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach
Phone: 07 5520 3363 or 0423 694 247
- National Debt Helpline – Provides free information and advice from experience financial counsellors.
Phone: 1800 007 007
- St Vincent de Paul – Emergency assistance with food, clothing & furniture.
- Salvation Army – Assistance with food vouchers and emergency relief.
- Gold Coast Homelessness Service – Provides a centralised point for assessment and referral for persons who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Gold Coast Homelessness Hub: 93 Golden Four Drive, Bilinga
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Phone: 07 5579 6060
- Gold Coast Project for Homeless Youth – Accommodation and support options for young people 16-25 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Referrals are taken 7 days week, 7am-8pm
Phone07 5591 3746 and press 1 for referrals
- The Salvation Army Supported Accommodation Service (Still Waters) – Still Waters is a refuge for Women and Women with Children – provides immediate temporary supported accommodation.
Phone: 07 5591 1776
- STARH (Supporting those at risk of homelessness) – Free voluntary, safe and confidential service that can provide case management planning and support to assist families and individuals to find and sustain stable housing, build community connections and develop life skills.
Phone: 1300 865 306
- St Vincent De Paul Gold Coast Family Accommodation – Crisis accommodation for families with children.
Phone: 1800 846 643
- Ozcare – Gold Coast Family Accommodation Support Service. Short-term crisis accommodation for families homeless or at risk of homelessness. Call daily for vacancies and further information.
Address: 3 Frinton Street, Southport
Phone: 07 5519 0323
State wide services
- Homeless Persons Information Queensland (HPIQ) – Provides information about where to find support, accommodation, meals or showers. Services for single people over 16, mothers with children, fathers with children, families, couples, those experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
Phone: 1800 474 753 (1800 HPIQLD)
- Oneplace – Find help near you. Search over 53,000 Queensland family community services. Oneplace lists everything you need, from emergency relief to domestic and family violence support services.
- Homeless hotline – statewide phone information and referral service for people who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness.
Phone: 1800 474 753
- Tenants Queensland
Phone: 1300 744 263
- Residential Tenancies Authority
Phone: 1800 497 161 or 1300 366 311
- DV Connect Womensline – Telephone hotline for women, their children and pets experiencing domestic and family violence. Womensline offers emergency transport and accommodation as well as crisis counselling and interventions.
Phone: 1800 811 811
- Ask Izzy – a mobile website connecting people who are in crisis with the services they need right now and nearby, including housing and
- homelessness support.
- The Deck – a resource hub for the housing and homelessness sector.
Support and treatment services
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service (24/7) – provides a free, 24 hour/7 day, counselling, information and referral service for anyone with concerns about their own or someone else’s use of alcohol or other drugs.
Phone: 1800 177 833
- Gold Coast Hospital Accident & Emergency – for all general enquiries please contact: 1300 744 284
- Robina Hospital Accident & Emergency – for general inquiries please contact: (07) 5668 6000
- Drug Arm – Provides compassion and specialist care throughout Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia through a range of programs and services that include education, outreach, prevention and treatment.
Gold Coast location: Unit 5/126 Scarborough Street, Southport
Phone: 07 3620 8880
- Alcoholics Anonymous Australia
Phone: 07 5591 2062 or 1300 222 222
- Family Drug Support Australia – 24/7 support for families and friends
Phone: 1300 368 186
- Fairhaven Recovery
Phone: (07) 5630 7939
- Logan House (Lives Lived Well)
Phone: 1300 727 957
- Goldbridge Rehabilitation Services
Phone: (07) 5503 1255
Phone: (02) 6687 1111
Harming or threatening to harm or kill pets is often a tactic used by perpetrators of domestic and family violence. The abuser does this to frighten and control the victim into staying.
When an animal is part of the family, the thought of leaving them behind in an emergency is unimaginable. The decision to leave an abusive relationship is made more difficult when the need to leave is due to escalating or persistent domestic or family violence.
The Pets In Crisis program, a collaboration between DVConnect and the RSPCA Queensland, provides safe accommodation, food and vet care to pets whose families have escaped domestic and family violence, but who cannot take them to a shelter/refuge and have no family/friends who can care for their pet while they find safe, alternative accommodation.
State wide services
- Pets In Crisis (DVConnect)
Phone: 1800 811 811