This statement has been written in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
The Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal and/or sensitive information that you give us in order for us to provide you with a quality service.
Personal and/or sensitive information
This information will include:
- Your name, date and place of birth, address and contact details;
- Names and dates of birth of your children;
- Specific information relating to family court, domestic violence or child protection legal matters (including copies of relevant documents);
- Case notes of crisis interventions, contacts and counselling sessions.
Collection and storage of information:
Information will be collected, recorded and stored on case files and a client database. This information is confidential and necessary precautions will be taken to keep it safe and secure. All files are stored in secure locked cabinets and the database has a password and firewall system. The premises of the Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc are located in a building that has adequate security measures in place.
Disclosure of information:
The personal and/or sensitive information you provide will not be disclosed or shared with anyone else without your prior verbal and/or written agreement. There are instances when personal and/or sensitive information will be disclosed:
- If required by law, for example when documents are subpoenaed by the Court.
- When there is a duty of care to protect the safety of clients, children, staff or other third parties.
- For statistical information provided for research.
- If requested by our funding body to ensure quality service delivery is being provided (with client consent).
The Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc. will attempt to ensure that personal and/or sensitive information is accurate and up to date but you are responsible for informing us of any changes to your personal details or circumstances.
Access to information:
You can ask for access to your information verbally or in writing and we will undertake to provide this as soon as possible. You will be required to sign a consent form and your information can be posted to you or to your legal representative, if required, by registered post.
The funding body may request your contact details in order to check on this agency’s service quality. These details will only be provided with your consent.
Complaints about information:
If you have any complaints about the privacy of your personal and/or sensitive information you can make a complaint in writing to the Director of the Centre. All complaints will be dealt with in accordance with the agency’s complaint policy.
© 2020 Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc. All rights reserved.
- The information contained in or linked to this website is general information. Nothing on this site is or purports to be advice.
- You should not rely on any information on or linked to this web site. If you need advice you should seek personal professional advice based on your own circumstances.
- While every effort is made to ensure the information and links on this website are accurate, the technology is changing at such a speed that the information and links may not always be up to date.
- Website material is not legal advice
- Any content, including publications and email newsletters, on this website is intended only to provide a summary and general overview on matters of website development or general interest. This information is not intended to be comprehensive nor does it constitute legal advice of any form. We at Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc. attempt to ensure that the content is current but we do not guarantee its currency. You should seek legal or other professional advice before acting or relying on any of the content.
- Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc. is not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss suffered in connection with the use of this website or any of the content. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer virus.
- Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc. makes no warranties or representations about this website or any of the content. We exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of the use of this website, its content or the information on it.
- Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by us in relation to the use of this website or the content is limited as provided under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (s68A). We will never be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss arising out of the use of this website, including loss of business profits.
- This site collects and analyses information from users.
- We record your visit and log information for statistical purposes including your IP address, the date and time of the visit, pages accessed and documents downloaded.
- This information may be analysed to determine our sites usage statistics and help us improve our services.
- Information collected trough the Contact Us pages or through any of the forms available on this site will be stored on the Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc. databases. Your information may be disclosed to a third party in order to provide you with the full services from Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc.