DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COURT SUPPORT, INFORMATION AND ADVOCACY PROGRAM
The Domestic Violence Court Information and Advocacy Program operates from both the Southport Magistrates Court and the Coolangatta Magistrates Court. Program staff provide support, information and assistance to women who are seeking a Domestic Violence Protection Order. (Staff are not able to provide legal advice).
We understand that going to court can be a stressful and difficult experience. Our workers are able to offer:
- Information about court procedures.
- Assistance in applying for a new order or to vary or revoke the conditions on an existing order.
- Pre court visit and orientation.
- Support in the safe waiting room and in the court room.
- Post court debriefing and information.
- Safety planning.
- Referral to the Domestic Violence Prevention Centre Gold Coast Inc. for ongoing support.
- Referral to other agencies.
To access the Court Support, Information and Advocacy Program please contact us:
Southport Magistrates Court
Domestic Violence Office
Level 1 (next to court 3)
Cnr Davenport and Hinze Streets
SOUTHPORT Qld 4215
Opening hours: 9.30am - 4pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Coolangatta Magistrates Court
COOLANGATTA Qld 4225
Opening hours: 9.00am - 4pm Monday and Friday